HNWI Investment Behaviour – International Private Equity Fund
Sector | Financial Services
- Our client needed to understand the attitude and behaviour of High Net Worth Individuals when investing in private equity funds across the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Latin American geographies.
US, UK, France, Germany, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, China, India, Brazil, South Korea, UAE, Middle East and Saudi Arabia.
- Assessed the behaviour and attitude of HNWIs having more than USD 1 million in investable assets for investing in private equity funds
- Identified the weak points in investing PE funds from HNWIs’ perspective to provide suggestions for areas of improvement.
- Analysed the proportion of PE funds considered by HNWIs in their portfolio construction and mapped it with other investment options to uncover the opportunities in PE investor market
- Survey instrument was administered over the phone covering the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Latin American geographies
- The focus area of the questionnaire was to understand the investment behaviour and reasons for diverting investments from PE funds to other sector products
The research carried out by Phronesis helped the client to:
- Identify that expert opinion from a strong management team, is the main consideration for HNWIs before investing into PE funds.
- Understand that investors are more likely to invest in those assets which provide trust and security on their investments rather being attracted towards the market share and brand.
- Identify important key drivers for HNWI’s investment in banking sector such as strong, honest and visionary management team which can build the confidence of investors for safe and secure environment
Moreover, the report presented to the client listed out the pain points for HNWIs in investing PE funds, areas of improvement and key factors that should be incorporated in the offerings for building the confidence in investment.